A neat, clean and professional image reduces distractions, promotes learning and creates a sense of comradery between all Memphis Street Academy Charter School scholars. We ask all families to adhere to the following guidelines:
• A scholar will always be neat, clean, and well groomed. All parts of the uniform must be clean, pressed, and in good repair.
• Ties, gym uniforms, plaid skirts, and blazers must be purchased from Cramer’s. Blazers will be mandatory beginning on November 1, 2016. Last day for blazers will be May 8, 2017
• White button down dress shirts, belts, and shoes (black shoes are preferred) may be purchased from other retailers.
• No shirts may be visible under the school shirts. This includes the neckline and arms.
• No shorts, leggings, or pants may be visible under the skirt.
• All shirts and blouses are to be tucked in the pants or skirts.
• Pants are to be secured at the waist with a belt.
• Clothing should fit the scholar and may not be oversized.
• The school patch must be affixed to the left breast of the blazer.
• Scholars who do not wear the proper gym uniform will not participate in gym and will receive a failing grade for the day.
• Scholars may not wear any visible jewelry other than stud earrings or small hoops (more than 2 inches in diameter).
• Girls’ skirts must come to no less than two inches from the knee, and must not be so tight so as to be deemed inappropriate by school administration.
• Shoes with inappropriate heels, any type of boots, or sandals are prohibited.
BOYS * = must be purchased from Cramers
GIRLS * = must be purchased from Cramers
*School plaid tie (5th and 6th grade boys); blue/orange striped tie (7th and 8th grade boys). All school ties must be purchased at Cramers)
Navy blue blazer with school patch (mandatory beginning November 13, 20152016).
Tan khaki pants (no cargo or work pants)
Black shoes are preferred. Boots and sandals are not permitted
Socks must be worn
*Solid orange tie (5th and 6th grade girls); solid navy blue tie (7th and 8th grade girls) (all school ties must be purchased at Cramers)
*Navy blue blazer with school patch;
school plaid skirt (must be purchased at Cramers)
Shoes must be closed toe; boots and sandals are not permitted. (black shoes are preferred)
Socks, stockings, or tights must be worn
GYM UNIFORM (BOYS & GIRLS) (Entire gym uniforms must be purchased at Cramers)
7th & 8th Grade ONLY
*Navy blue school sweatpants (school name required) *Gray school gym t-shirt (school name required)
*Navy blue school sweatshirt (school name required)
*Gym Shorts (during warm-weather months only scholars may substitute shorts for sweatpants; school name required)